Share |

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Attempting block shot

After a few games of running and sweating (the weather was so warm and humid, and the air was so still), I took a break and got ready to take some action photos for those who were continuing the game.

Most actions in basketball games occur under the basket. So I just hung around the baseline and wait for some actions. I followed the player with the ball (rule of thumbs: 95% actions always surround the ball) and kept my finger ready halfway pressing the shutter to focus on the player.


Aperture: f/2.8
Shutter: 1/2000 sec
ISO: 200
Focal length: 35mm

This shot was taken when the offensive player was trying to do a layup, and the defensive player was attempting for a block shot (he ended up landing his hand on the offensive player's arm = foul).

This shot managed to capture both players in the air. I think that it could be a better photo if I shot with a shorter focal length (maybe at 18mm) or tilted the camera upward a little bit more, to capture the ball into the photo as well.

Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/kcshashin/Basketball4Sep2010

No comments:

Post a Comment