Share |

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Please stand up. No...

In NBA games, there are many professional photographers sitting along the baseline of the court with their huge, expensive, high end equipment. I could hardly see them standing up to shoot the photos. I did not pay much attention to it as I think it was just courtesy not to block the audience from enjoying the game.

But until I took some photos myself, I realized...


The photos above were taken with me standing up at the baseline. Somehow, these photos did not give the 'magnificent' impact of the usually action packed game. I found photos were very hard to be composed. For the first and third photos, the players were shooting the ball, but the composition was not satisfying. The photos got the legs cut off while the players was jumping up. It could be a better shot if I could capture the whole person into the frame. Maybe it would be better if I had stepped back and shot the photos?

The 2th and 4th photos, I managed to capture the full person in the photos. But the players seem to be shorter in the photos. I guess this is another challenge for taking the photos while standing up.

Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/kcshashin/Basketball4Sep2010

No comments:

Post a Comment